Surprise, surprise--this recipe didn't start with an abundance of ripe bananas! It's a first. This time, it was a plethora of sweet potatoes. I've made chocolate cake and frosting with sweet potatoes before, but I had some left over and wanted to use it up to make something else with cacao. Because I'm obsessed with chocolate stuff right now (baked brownie oats, fudgy cookies, and ice cream bites). So I figured why not make some kind of pudding with sweet potatoes. But it turned out more like mousse when I tried Naturally Nutrious's recipe. Um, YUM! I hope you enjoy!
Chocolate Sweet Potato Mousse
- 1 cup cooked and cooled sweet potato without skin
- 1/3 cup (or more) cacao powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup plant milk
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- Pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor accordingly.
- Refrigerate to cool and enjoy!
My husband loved this more than I did, but I think, with some adjustments, it'll grow on me too. I mean, it's chocolate, so I'll eat it. Haha. But you might want to stay tuned for an improved recipe as I try this one again. Maybe I'll add some cinnamon or molasses. Probably some banana because I heart banana and chocolate so much. Who knows! We'll see!