So it's safe to say I'm obsessed with fudgy brownie oatmeal. Like, seriously obsessed. Like, eat-it-every-single-day obsessed. Can't-get-enough obsessed. It's so freaking good. :) And, just like the fudgy brownie baked oatmeal, it's super customizable! You can add applesauce instead of maple syrup for sweetness. You can add nuts or chocolate chips for more crunch. And you can easily freeze these instead to make no-bake cookies. Seriously, so easy. Do whatever you want with these. It's your life. LIVE IT. Because chocolate is the way to live. :)
Fudgy Brownie Oat Cookies
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups oats
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp peanut butter (I used powdered) (optional)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix bananas, maple syrup, sea salt, and water.
- Add oats, cacao, peanut butter, turmeric, and flax and mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes so they firm up a little more. Then enjoy!
For no-bake cookies, don't preheat oven and bake. Pop the baking sheet into the freezer or add batter to a muffin tin and freeze those. Yum! :)