You guys. I'm obsessed with this oatmeal. It's baked, which makes it super brownie-like. And it's so chocolaty and delicious! Plus, you can totally customize it. Use applesauce or avocado instead of a banana. Add chocolate chips or any of the optional mix-ins I list below. Do whatever ya want with this gorgeous, scrumptious breakfast-that-tastes-so-much-like-dessert. Honestly, I feel like I'm being naughty in the morning when I eat this because it's so sweet and yummy. But it's all good! So enjoy this one. :)
Fudgy Brownie Baked Oatmeal
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup water
- Splash of vanilla
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal (optional)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1 tbsp (powdered or regular) peanut butter (optional)
- 4-5 crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients.
- Then add everything else to bowl except the walnuts and mix well.
- Add mixture to ramekin and top with walnuts (or mix them in during step 2).
- Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy.
*Inspired by The Oatmeal Artist