So I had a lot of overripe bananas...
I've said this before, haven't I? Probably time and time again. Because I buy a LOT of bananas, and I don't always get through them before they're overripe. I freeze a lot of them and make delicious nice cream too. But I inevitably end up making some kind of muffin or bake with overripe bananas. So here is my latest creation--baked oatmeal cups! I hope you enjoy!
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1.75 cups oats
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 apple, chopped (I used pink lady)
- 1/4 c walnuts, chopped
- Mix flax and water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients. Stir well. Then stir in flax/water mixture.
- Fill 9 muffin cups with mixture. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy.
These can be easily modified to suit your tastes. Feel free to add peanut butter, chocolate chips, berries, other nuts, etc. Choose whatever mix-ins you like better and bake! You can even make a base batter and then make several different kinds of oatmeal cups to everyone's liking. Makes breakfast with a family of picky eaters that much easier. :)
Eat your fruits and veggies, kids.