Hey, y'all. It's been a minute, hasn't it? I'm excited to be back though. I have lots and lots on my plate, but amazing-fruit season is upon us, so the energy to do it all is at my fingertips! Seriously, summertime fruit is my favorite. And I know a lot of you are experiencing snow right now, so summer isn't even on your radar, but I live in Chronic Summer, a.k.a. Phoenix, Arizona. So it's always on mine. Even though today is cloudy and, well, not hot. :)
And yes, even though it's not a hot day, I decided to use up the other half of my watermelon (I know--who doesn't eat the whole watermelon, right??) to make a drink a couple of people asked me about yesterday. I didn't have lime, but I do have a lemon tree with a few random stragglers left on it. So I squeezed some juice in my blender, added the watermelon, and BOOM! To my surprise, it's absolutely delicious! Tastes like lemonade. No sugar, no preservatives, no unnatural chemicals. Just delicious fruit. And a bit of water. :)
- Juice of one good-sized lemon
- 1 small "personal" watermelon
- Water as needed to blend
- Squeeze lemon juice into your blender. Remove seeds/strain while juicing.
- Carve out the fruit of the watermelon and add it to your blender.
- Add a few tbsp water to help the blending process. Pour in more as needed. Blend until you have a liquid.
- Add ice, chill, or enjoy immediately.
My watermelon had been in the fridge overnight, so my juice was already chilled. That's another option. And I had half of the ingredients, so I used half a watermelon and half a lemon. Made about 20 oz. And it made me so happy. Haha! I had no idea it was going to taste so wonderful. Enjoy. :)
Eat your fruits and veggies, kids.