You guys! Since going gluten-free, my husband and I rarely eat bread. Not gonna lie--I'm lazy, so I don't make my own. I have started eating Ezekiel bread every so often (okay, sometimes every day when I make avocado toast), but it's not the same as the horrible-for-you white bread I ate while growing up. :) And, while this isn't sandwich bread, it's a seriously delicious, garlicky, gooey-bread breadstick. OMGYUMMM. A friend shared a recipe with me, and we had some Bob's Red Mill mix on hand, so we tried it with that. And we think it's even better this way than with the original recipe. For real, I could eat these every.damn.day. :) So, if you're GF and vegan, you can still eat some delicious breadsticks!
Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
- 1 bag Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Homemade Wonderful Bread flour mix
- 1 packet of active dry yeast (in addition to the one in the bread mix)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 - 2 3/4 cups non-dairy milk (start with 2 1/4 cups)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp parsley
- Minimalist Baker has this one. She's the bomb.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, 2 yeast packets, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the milk, vinegar, and oil. Then slowly pour into the dry bowl.
- Use mixer to beat the flour for 2 minutes on medium.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Use olive oil to grease your hands as you evenly form 12 breadsticks on the baking sheet.
- In the melted vegan butter, add the garlic powder and parsley.
- Brush butter mix and sprinkle parmesan topping over each breadstick.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they start browning.
You can dip in a marinara sauce too, which is why we love making these with pasta. Or when we have leftover sauce. Or whenever we want breadsticks. Which has been a lot lately. :)
Original recipe here.