I usually make these with chocolate chips (recipe here), but I went the nut route this time. Does that sound dirty to you too? *wink*
Banana Nut Bread
(adapted from Ambitious Kitchen)
- 2 1/4 cups oat flour (you can grind rolled oats)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup Bee Free Honee
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Nonstick spray
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray your pan of choice (Twinkie pan, cupcake pan, 9x9 pan) with nonstick spray or use muffin cups.
- Add oat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to a bowl. Mix well.
- Add bananas, applesauce, honee, and vanilla to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour banana mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until it's a batter.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Put batter in your pan of choice and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and then enjoy!
Feel free to try some other mix-ins. Maybe some pecans, raisins, dried cranberries, etc. You can switch out honee for maple syrup or agave too. Perhaps you leave out a banana or two and add pumpkin instead. The options are endless. YUM! :)
Eat your fruits and veggies, kids.