Quinoa and Veggies
- 1 1/4 cups quinoa
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 or 5 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 8 oz sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 8 oz container sliced button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup vegan honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Start quinoa and veggie broth in rice maker on white rice setting (if you have different settings).
- Cut up your veggies to the desired sizes -- I went fairly small, but you can leave them larger like stir-fry size if you want.
- Once the quinoa is close to being done, heat up a large pan on the stove to medium-high heat. Let it come to temp and then add the mushrooms and a splash of water.
- Once the mushrooms start to release their water, add all the veggies with about a little more of water (maybe about 1/3-1/2 cup). Cover the pan and let the veggies steam for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the honey, soy sauce, and other seasonings to the pan of veggies and stir everything together.
- Then add the quinoa when it's finished and stir.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for a couple of minutes so that the quinoa absorbs the flavor. Stir and serve.
You can use all kinds of veggies here. Pick and choose what you'd like. :)
Eat your fruits and veggies, kids.