This is one of those home-cooked meals I've missed since becoming vegan. My mom used to make huge pots of it on cold winter nights when I was growing up, and there's something so soothing about having that for dinner. Which means I tasked Husband with figuring out how to make a version I could eat. And he won that game for sure! Here's what he came up with.
"Chicken" Noodle Soup
- 1 bag Beyond Meat grilled "chicken" strips
- 8 oz rice pasta
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 1/2 head of celery, chopped
- 4-5 carrots, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Water to thin out if needed
- Defrost, cook, and cut "chicken" strips into bite-sized pieces.
- Add carrots, celery, and broth to a pot, bring it to a boil, add seasonings, and reduce to simmer until veggies are almost to your liking.
- Add "chicken" and pasta, bring back to a boil for two minutes, remove from the heat, and cover.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is soft. Then it's ready to serve!
Note: We made a double batch of this (because Husband *always* cooks for an army even though it's just the two of us. So I halved things to make it all a more normal size. It still might be a lot, but it's delicious. However, you might want to eat it up within a day or two. Rice noodles get soft and break up easily. Enjoy!
Eat your fruits and veggies, kids