I know it's not Monday, but I baked these up yesterday and really enjoyed them. So I had to share as soon as possible. :) If you try them, let me know! And go tell Tiffany at The Gracious Pantry THANKS for this amazing recipe!
Pumpkin Pie Almond Butter Cookies
(adapted from The Gracious Pantry)
- 1 cup oat flour (If you don't have oat flour, you can grind rolled oats.)
- 1/3 cup Bee Free Honee (You can use honey, but we're vegan, so we use this yummy stuff.)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 4 medjool dates (if almond butter is unsweetened)
- Nonstick spray (We use grapeseed oil spray.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Place 1-2 tbsp drops onto a cookie sheet coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Cool before eating.
Feel free to add mix-ins such as chocolate chips, raisins, cranberries, chopped nuts, etc. If you have an aversion or allergy to almonds, try a different nut butter or a seed butter such as sunflower. These bake up nicely, and they stay soft. :) Enjoy!
Eat your fruits and veggies, kids.