I didn't take a photo of the potato salad, but I promise it's as good as it sounds. Yum yum yum. Let me know if you try it!!
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 2 lbs. Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed into bite-size pieces
- ¾ cup soy-free Vegenaise
- ¾ cup Tofutti sour cream
- 1 bag of Beyond Meat grilled 'chicken' strips, chopped into small pieces and lightly pan fried to make a little crisp with some oil, sea salt, and black pepper
- 5-6 oz. Daiya cheddar style shreds (the bag is 8 oz. use a little less than the full bag)
- ⅓ cup chopped scallions (green onion)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the potato pieces to cool water. TIP: When boiling potatoes, don't add the potato to already boiling water or the outside will cook through before the inside is cooked. Add a little sea salt and a splash of vinegar. Vinegar helps to prevent the potato pieces from falling apart as they cook.
- Bring to a boil and cook until cooked through, but still firm. Usually about approx. 10 minutes after they start to boil. Pull out one piece and test when you think it's getting close.
- Strain the potatoes and add to a large enough mixing bowl.
- Add in the other ingredients and mix thoroughly but gently as to not smash the potato pieces.
Works great served hot or cold. Enjoy!