Carrot Hot Dogs
- 4 whole carrots, peeled, and cut into bun–length pieces with ends removed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (or 1/2 clove garlic, minced)
- Pepper, to taste
- Desired condiments/toppings
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to boil.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook the carrots until you can barely pierce through them with a fork. Be careful not to cut the carrots when testing.
- Combine all the other ingredients (except for condiments) together in a plastic container or baggie to make the marinade. Place the cooked carrots inside, shake up, and set aside to marinate for at least 3 hours, turning the carrots every once in a while to marinate all sides. You can marinate for up to a few days.
- When you're ready to serve, pour the carrots and marinade into a large pan on the stove top and place on medium heat, rotating periodically, for 5 to 10 minutes, until carrots are heated all the way through.
- Add the toppings of your choice and enjoy!
If you can find vegan hot dog buns, feel free. I just cut it up and dipped it in ketchup. We had some coleslaw and corn on the cob on the side. Yum!!
Eat your fruits and veggies, kids.