In any case, I want to leave you with a really simple recipe. It can be a side dish or it can be added to tacos or burritos, but we eat it as a meal in a huge bowl. Haha! It's easy, inexpensive, and delicious. YUM.
- 2 cups uncooked white rice, steamed
- 2 avocados, ripe, pitted, out of skin
- Lemon (or lemon juice) - just a squeeze
- Garlic powder to taste
- After you've steamed your rice, mash avocados into rice (or cut avocados into small chunks and mix into rice).
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice to the avocado rice.
- Sprinkle garlic powder on to taste.
- Mix well and enjoy.
If you try this rice, let me know. We enjoy it a lot over here, and it all happened because I really wanted to try some rice and avocado together. Actually what is really good is rice and avocado with some mixed veggies (carrots, broccoli, green/red pepper, mushrooms, etc). Mmmm. :o)
Eat your fruits and veggies, kids.