Here's a rundown of how crazy and awesome 2013 was:
- January: Got married after five years of saying we wouldn't get married.
- February: Started juicing and cleaning up our diets. Had my first panic attack.
- March: More panic attacks.
- April: Even more panic attacks. Went on a cruise with my family. Went gluten free.
- May: Got food poisoning from eating meat so I went full vegetarian. Went camping!
- June: Quit college and my birth control pills. Editing picked up.
- July: Went fully vegan. More panic attacks, hair loss, minor depression. Editing picked up more. Went even more part time at work than I already was. Started running.
- August: Major depression. panic, anxiety. Saw a therapist. Had to stop running for hormones. Went to Vegas for a book event.
- September: Turned 28. Got depression/panic/anxiety "under control." LOTS of editing. Visited family and friends back home.
- October: EVEN more editing! Started running again. Josh turned 30. Decided to quit my job at Chase. Quit Chase.
- November: Made my dream come true by editing full time. Battled only one day of depression. Started writing a book.
- December: Still working super hard at editing 7 days a week and LOVING IT. Started going to yoga classes.
Holy whoa. So now I'm a plant-based/gluten-free vegan, full-time freelance editor (and nothing else), and aspiring writer/runner/yogi. Who is this girl?! LOL! It's me now. I can't even begin to explain how amazing this year has been, even in the worst of times. I hated the depression while I was going through it, but looking back now, even in the face of so many questions about life, I feel okay with it. It happened, and 2014 is full of mystery, but I can handle it. Here's to a great year!
Eat your fruits and veggies in the new year, kids. <3