These bizarre and very existential thoughts pop into my head. Sometimes they're normal (Why are we here? What's the point of life?) and sometimes they just weird me out. Ready for this list? It's...interesting.
- How did we figure out that sex makes people?
- Within reason, I can't ever leave this planet. Does that make me trapped?
- What if reincarnation is real and I become a man in my next life? Will that be weird?
- Are there many versions of this world where people who have died in my reality actually live on?
- What if, while flying on a plane, gravity stops and the earth drops away and the plane has nowhere to land?
- What if I'm on earth and gravity stops?
- What if the earth just stops rotating? What if it just stands still in space and stops orbiting the sun?
- What if I wasn't ever meant to be this Michelle?
- Could it be possible for my memories to on reflect what is true in my reality today?
- Do dogs like being dogs? Or do they look at humans and wish they were humans?
- Cats obviously love being cats because they're kind of evil and really lazy.
- Was society truly meant to end up like this? Where we work desk jobs and waste our lives according to some system?
- Humanity really effed up.
That's just the beginning. My poor husband has to suffer through most of these, but bless his heart for not really judging me for thinking of some of them. Sometimes the thoughts are so dumb, but sometimes they're kind of misinformed and/or just my need for answers about this world.
A lot of my thoughts revolve around death. I've decided that this is because I don't really have a belief about life and death and what it means to die. I don't know what happens, and no one can prove it to me, so I'm stuck wondering about it a lot. I don't partake in any religious beliefs, and I don't know if I have that ability to blindly be faithful.
Also, I frequently think I'm about to die. This is the panic taking over, but I get a general sense of danger or impending death from time to time. I think about my health, the food I eat, the amount of exercise I'm getting, the water I drink and if it's enough, and my stress levels. Oh the stress.
Either way, all I know is that I've been left with some residual effects from the panic, anxiety, and depression. I look around from time to time and wonder if and/or why everyone else isn't thinking about when they are going to die. I can't comprehend why people waste any time on this planet by stressing over the small things, fretting about their appearance so much, and killing each other. Ugh.
I could go on for days. Do any of you think any of this stuff? It's not so dreary now that I'm not depressed anymore, but I can't help but thing some weird thoughts. Hmm.
Eat your fruits and veggies, kids.