Find all Meatless Monday posts here.
Today's recipe is basically portobello mushrooms stuffed with mashed potatoes and corn and covered with cheese. Vegan cheese was used in our house, but you can use cheddar if you'd like. This one came from his head one day, and I'm so glad it did. It's comforting and delicious. Yum. Check it out!
Potato-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled (if desired) and cut into cubes
- 1/2 lb frozen corn or 2-4 ears of corn with corn cut off cob
- 1-2 tbsp butter/margarine/vegan option
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, stem removed
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese/vegan option
- Boil potatoes. Mash with butter, garlic powder, and black peper and mix with corn.
- While potatoes are boiling, bake portobellos (and stems if desired) at 400F for 15 mins. Remove from oven and place in baking dish. Snack on stems if you want since we won't be using them here.
- Place portobellos in casserole dish, spoon in mashed potato and corn mix to cover. Sprinkle some additional corn on top. Top with shredded cheddar cheese. Put back in oven at 350F for about 15-20 mins.
- Serve with side of steamed broccoli, asparagus, or some other delicious side. Enjoy!
Check out a whole how-to posted by my husband here.
Eat your fruits and veggies, kids.