Find all Meatless Monday posts here.
Well, not technically. My sweet friend Tammy posted a recipe for a pumpkin pie smoothie, and I thought it sounded incredible. As you may or may not know, I make a smoothie almost every day, sometimes twice a day. It's almost always a green smoothie with lots of bananas, so the idea of adding pumpkin and spice to it intrigued me. So here's what I did.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 3 bananas, medium
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, fresh or canned
- 1/2 cup almond milk^
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice*
- 8 ice cubes
- Add the bananas, pumpkin, and almond milk to the blender. Blend until mixed well and smooth.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice and ice cubes. Blend until mixed well and smooth.
^ - If you don't half almond milk, water will work. I used coconut water and it was still delicious.
* - If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, use this mixture:
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
Serves: 2 "normal" people. I drank both glasses. Hehe!
Feel free to add some protein powder (I use hemp) or some leafy greens to make this a green smoothie. It's customizable and totally up to you. On a side note, I think this would be delicious with sweet potato too. My fellow book blogger friend and smoothie drinker, Asheley, recommended sweet potato to me a while back, so I need to try it. Yum!
Next Monday I'll share a pumpkin oatmeal bar recipe my husband threw together for me. It's SO good! Then maybe I'll quit with the pumpkin for a while. But we love pumpkin! :o)
Eat (or drink) your fruits and veggies, kids.