You made it to Monday again! Hopefully today is a meatless day for you all. I'm going to do better at posting these earlier, but there are a few to choose from already up on the blog. It's easy to be meatless at least once a week, with or without my blog. However, I smell today's Meatless Monday recipe cooking, so I'll see you all later. Enjoy!
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup lentils, uncooked
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1.5 cups carrots, finely grated
- 1.5 cups oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 small onion, finely grated
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder (to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil in pan to cook patties
- Cook lentils and rice in 4 cups water for 45 minutes, simmering over low heat in a covered pan. Allow to cool.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into patties and cook on griddle or pan over medium heat until brown.
- Enjoy with toppings such as avocado, ketchup, vegan mayo, tomato, onion, or your favorite gluten-free bun. Yum!
Eat your fruits and veggies, kids.