In case you missed it on Facebook:
While watching TV tonight, I saw a commercial for Nutrisystem. It was all about losing weight, feeling sexy, and getting back in a bikini. They were so focused on weight loss and getting thin through prepackaged, cardboard food. It was terrifying.
Then a woman said this gem: "I got this body eating pizza, pasta, and even chocolate!"
Because we should only be worried about being thin, right? Let's eat sugar, fat, and garbage, but we're gonna get skinny! Um, no. Sorry guys. Let's care more than this. Let's care about health. Let's care about our insides! They're much more important than aesthetics. Our outsides will feel beautiful when we care about what we're putting in.
- Green smoothie - bananas, spinach, cinnamon, hemp protein, coconut water, ice
- Noticing a pattern here? ;o)
- Sweet cherries - the whole bag. Not sure how many. Just kept eating 'em. LOL
- 4 cups black seedless grapes
- Veggie chili with white rice
- Small amount of chips and salsa to tide me over to dinner.
- I'm a bottomless pit on days when I run.
- Portabella mushroom caps with mashed potatoes
- Vegan butter and cheese with the potatoes
- I use the terms butter and cheese obviously very loosely.
- Coconut milk chocolate ice cream
- Probably less than one serving. But I didn't measure. :o)
Colors: Yellow, green, brown, black, red, white
Water: 150 oz
Exercise: 15 mins trampoline, stretching, C25K - W5D2, light swim with arm exercises
Sunshine: 60 mins
Sleep: 7 hours
Grateful for: Sunshine and catching up with friends
I finally broke out my trampoline! I bought it used for $10 a while back, and I've used it a few times. But today I took it out back and jumped in the sunshine. I did some oblique twists (thank you, Jillian Michaels) and some regular jumping. It was fun! It was cloudy when I went to take my normal day-off morning walk, so I waited for the sun to show its gorgeous face and got out there to jump. I'll definitely be doing that again!
Then I did my run today. I can't begin to explain it. I've never been a runner. I used to hope to run during the chorus of songs and then walk during the verses to catch my breath. I've found a great pace and now I'm running through two complete songs. Maybe three depending on the length. 8 minutes is my longest streak, but not because I felt like stopping exactly. I'm following the Couch to 5K program, and that's the longest I've had to run so far. I'm going to probably try the next run, which is 20 mins straight, on Thursday. I've been repeating runs because I'm scared of it, but my body has been capable of things I didn't think it could do lately. We'll see how it goes.
All on plant food. Who would have thunk? ;o)
Eat your fruits and veggies, kids.