- Banana smoothie with 6 bananas = 700 calories
- 4 bananas = 400 calories
- 1 head of broccoli with red wine vinegar = 75 calories
- 2 bananas = 200 calories
- 2 lentil burgers = 350 calories
- I might have a salad a little later because I might be up for a while. We'll see!
Colors: Yellow, green, brown, orange, red
Water: 180 oz
Exercise: P90X Cardio X, swimming
Sunshine: 1 hours
Sleep: 7.5 hours
One of my lovely and amazing friends asked me to write about grocery shopping: where I go, what I get, and how much I spend. Here's the basic breakdown:
- Walmart - YES, I go to Walmart. I'm not made of money, so things I can price match easily I'll get at Walmart. Produce doesn't have coupons (which I used to use a LOT), so price matching is a great way to save money.
- Sprouts - This is a "farmers market" grocery store. It's basically a health store here in AZ. Lots and lots of produce and many non-mainstream food choices. Love it. Brown rice pasta, kettle-cooked potato chips made with olive oil, and decent corn tortilla chips. Yup.
- Other grocery stores - Here in AZ we have a lot of stores geared toward our Mexican-Americans. I love these stores because their produce prices are really good. Definitely check them out or other alternative stores near you.
- Market on the Move - I'm so happy I heard about this through a friend. Find programs like this around you. I pay $10 and get a huge box of up to 60 lbs worth of produce. It's incredible. We try to make use of it all, and it's great stuff! We also have Bountiful Baskets, but I haven't participated in that one.
- Farmers markets - We don't go to many around here, and in the summer they are sparse since it's so hot now. But try and find some good farmers markets near you. Google does a great job if you type in your town or metro area and 'farmers markets' too. Let me know what you find!
Eat your fruits and veggies, kids.