Anyone want to join me on a challenge or two? Here are the details:
- Challenge #1
- What: No CHEESE
- When: July 1-7, 2013
- Who: Everyone!
- Why: I want to be completely vegan, and I haven't given up cheese yet!
- What: No ADDED SALT
- When: July 8-16, 2013
- Who: Everyone!
- Why: Salt retains water in your body, so I want to see how I feel without it.
- 7-banana smoothie = 825 calories
- 2 lbs strawberries = 300 calories
- 3-4 cups red and green seedless grapes = 220 calories
- Pad Thai noodles with broccoli, carrots, and red pepper in a ginger/honey/soy sauce = 800 calories?
- 2 baked potatoes with homemade salsa = 350 calories
Colors: Yellow, red, green, orange, brown
Water: 160 oz
Exercise: Light stretching
Sunshine: 60 mins (most in the car)
Sleep: 7.5 hours
I had some funky digestive issues today. I don't know if it was from being at work (which happens - the stress gets me) or if it was from the salsa and/or noodles from the night before. I ate the noodles again today, so if I feel that stuff tomorrow, then maybe it was that dish. The salsa from today was different. So we'll see. I won't go into the yucky details, but I guess I'm still suffering from my past eating behaviors. I'll keep an eye on it.
Finished another editing project, and I'm starting another one tomorrow. I've been an editing machine, and I love it! I wish it were my only job. Also, I started my certificate program on Monday. Not sure if I've talked about it, but this class is self-paced, so I love it. It's all about grammar right now. Totally my cup of tea! Woo! Also, I work with the best authors. Hands down. <3
Okay, I'm falling asleep. Before 8pm on a Friday night. I'm so lame. But the moral of the story is that I recognize when my body needs rest and I give in to it. Even if it means something won't get done until tomorrow, I let it go. I'm learning to, anyway. Good night!
Eat your fruits and veggies, kids.